In today’s climate of innovation, passionate and hard-working employees in computer science, engineering, and technology are in increasingly high demand. Unfortunately, our workforce does not contain the number of diverse employees that will pull the US back to the top. ChickTech is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit dedicated to retaining women in the technology workforce and increasing the number of girls pursuing technology-based careers by facilitating hands-on, technology-centric events to empower, support, and increase the confidence of women and girls.
Our upcoming event, ChickTech: High School, is an annual one-day event for 50 to 100 high school girls from the Chicagoland area to be held in November, 2019. This event will increase our participants’ interest in pursuing high tech careers by attending one of seven workshops in various areas of tech and engineering, including robotics, microcontrollers, computer games, computer construction, and web and phone application design and creation. We offer multiple other opportunities throughout the year including internships, workshops, career workshops, and one-on-one mentoring, culminating in a “graduation ceremony.” All of this is offered free of charge to our participants.
We need your assistance to ensure that these life changing events occurs, reaching not only the 100 young women who attend, but their peers and friends at their respective schools. These women will serve as ambassadors for their fellow students with respect to the importance of technology, empowering and engaging them in further ChickTech events. Although ChickTech will accept any amount, we have created sponsorship levels that highlight how you and your organization can have a meaningful impact:
- Copper Sponsor, $1,000: Tailored to small businesses looking to make a difference, this level offers the opportunity to sponsor one girl for a year of great tech opportunities.
- Silver Sponsor, $5,000: At this level, you will provide five girls with the opportunity to attend a year of ChickTech events.
- Gold Sponsor, $15,000: This amount is enough to put on multiple workshops and is a chance to show the girls some of the wonderful and interesting career choices in tech.
- Platinum Sponsor, $50,000: As a platinum sponsor you help us put on a variety of amazing events throughout the year so that participants can continually engage with the tech community.
- Diamond Sponsor, $100,000: At the diamond level, you enable us to do everything we hope to in the Chicagoland area at the high school level. It frees us from spending time pursuing sponsorship and instead allows us to spend that time creating more content and opportunities for the girls.
For every $500 given, we offer a seat at our exclusive celebration event at the end of each cohort’s year and recognition on our marketing materials. All sponsors receive a spot both on our website and in the information booklet for the event with their logo. They will also have the opportunity to provide advertising materials for participants to take home at the end of the event, as well as the ability to use ChickTech’s logo and name as an “official sponsor.” Please contact us for more information about marketing and PR opportunities at each level.
Our organization was envisioned, designed, and implemented by a diverse group of engineers and computer scientists who wished to see more young women interested and involved in the rapidly-changing world of technology. We hope you’ll join us in creating opportunities for these women to grow, learn, and excel.